Product Lifecycle Management (PLM)
Exponential growth in customer-driven product configurations requires manufacturers to find more flexible ways of production. Combine that with supply chain interruptions, evolving safety regulations, and time to market pressures and the challenges can be daunting. Manufacturing process management (MPM) provides the tools and methodologies for today’s dynamic plant-specific manufacturing environments, all coordinated through PLM. MPM brings together the shop floor with engineering, suppliers, logistics, and quality for a more connected and agile enterprise.
- Improvements to development, engineering efficiency, and effectiveness : Results from the Industry Week survey found that silos are the biggest challenge to engineering team performance. PLM enables the bi-directional flow of real-time data to support better knowledge-sharing and collaboration.
- Elimination of errors during the engineering release process : It’s far simpler – and cheaper – to rectify product issues that are identified earlier on. PLM helps to reduce cost and offers the additional environmental benefit of reducing manufacturing waste.
- Reduced time to market : Offering a single source of truth with up-to-date information at every phase of the product lifecycle, PLM empowers project managers to control overlapping timelines and get products to market faster.
- Improved project delivery : A cross-enterprise, digital PLM solution supports advanced workflow management. In this use case, PLM allows a team to precisely calculate product costs and more effectively manage the handover to manufacturing new designs.
- Higher quality designs : PLM offers designers and engineers a deeper level of insight into product requirements. Ingesting data from many different internal and external sources, a PLM system with integrated machine learning can turn performance data and customer feedback into new feature suggestions.
- BOM Management
- Function-Specific BOM
- Advanced Display Options
- Health Checking and Risk Assessment
- Change Management
- Variant Configuration
- Context-Specific BOM Views
- Document Repository
- Mobile Documentation
- Customer Needs Management Documentation
- Process Documentation
- Product Lifecycle Analysis Documentation
- Engineering Collaboration Documentation
- CAD File Management
- CAD Application Integration